Monday, January 11, 2010

SO HOW'S YOUR NEW MILLENNIUM GOING SO FAR?

There are things that the first ten days of this new year can tell you about how the entire year is going to turn out, at least if you keep doing what you've been doing. First off, I have been suggesting that it might be useful to consider this second decade of The New Millennium as the real beginning of that epoch. And, yes, that's the first time I've ever used epoch in a sentence. I used it and then went and checked Merriam-Webster:

1 a : an event or a time marked by an event that begins a new period or development b : a memorable event or date
2 a : an extended period of time usually characterized by a distinctive development or by a memorable series of events b : a division of geologic time less than a period and greater than an age
3 : an instant of time or a date selected as a point of reference (as in astronomy)

Well, I think the beginning of 2010 qualifies. And really, who decides these things? We do with our human invention, the calendar. And whether or not you want to imagine it as a do over of The New Millennium, it is still a marker, a milestone, a chance for a fresh start, a reawakening, a new perspective. And if you choose to ignore that whole idea of new beginnings in a new year, then that too says something about you and your willingness to take the opportunity for serious change in your life.

So has anything momentous happened in my first ten days of the new year? Not really, nor was I expecting it. I see this as a time for preparation. In fact, I am giving myself the first ninety days of 2010 to get ready for the next phase of my life. Part of it has begun with my first prosperity coaching sessions. And a series of meetings this week with an entrepreneur who has hired me as a consultant for his new coaching center on the East coast. And I am in the final stages of readiness to launch my new monthly Moneylove Audio Club. And I am applying The Law of Attraction, or at least my interpretation of it. Which doesn't mean I am lying on a tropical beach and thinking positive thoughts and having positive expectations.
Oh, the positive thoughts and expectations are there, but they are accompanied by positive action--a part many proponents and teachers of this concept leave out. And if I don't get the results I want, I won't beat myself up for not having the right thoughts--I will just consider that I am still in the learning phase of how to do all this. I expect to be in that learning phase all of my life--though definitely with a continuum of movement and progress along the way.

So here might be the questions to ask yourself at this point in time, already into the new year, but not fully immersed in it yet:

1. "What so far distinguishes 2010 and what I am doing from my 2009?"

2. "Do I have a sense of momentum--that I am moving toward something good in my life?"

3. "Have I made a commitment to have this year turn out better or different than last year?"

4. "Am I waiting for something to happen, or working to make something happen in my life?"

This last question has to do with whether you are a practitioner of Metaphysical Welfare, in which you are just thinking good thoughts about what you would like to attract into your life--or more a proponent of Metaphysical Workfare, in which you accompany those thoughts with appropriate action to manifest what you want in your life. There's no doubt that what you think has much to do with what you create and attract into your life, but only if good thoughts are joined with good actions in a synergistic tag team.

If you are in a cabin in the woods in the middle of New England in the middle of winter and you would like to stay warm, you can relax and visualize symbols of heat and warmth enveloping you--a warm sunswept beach, a sauna or hot tub, a high tech space heater. And you might even feel the warmth--it might bring a smile of contentment to your face in the midst of the bitter cold. And they might find you a day or week later with that smile still frozen on your dead face. But if you get off your butt and go out and gather some wood to put in your wood burning stove, your metaphysical efforts will be accompanied by physical success.

I fully expect 2010 to be the beginning of some amazing positive events in my life, and I do use visualization and affirmations and subliminal tapes and motivational tapes and surround myself with positive people. But all of that is merely to set the tone for the positive results of my positive actions.
Jerry

This blog is my very personal journal. It's often aligned with, but very different from my other blog, which is focused on prosperity and ways of manifesting more money and success in one's life. You might want to check that one out at www.MoneyloveBlog.com




No comments: