Sunday, February 7, 2010

FAVORITE QUOTES--MAKE THEM YOUR OWN

So on one of my Google Searches on my name, I found two of many quotes of mine that appear frequently online--with a big and essential difference. Appearing on http://www.cashwithatrueconscience.com

No News Is Good News

Today’s Headlines

From cnn.com ‘Man sought whose wife, 5 children killed’

‘Terror suspect: Phone call is being monitored’

‘State-run media: Yemeni military’

‘Ex-stripper says priest fathered child’

‘Stricter punishments for passengers behaving badly’

See why I don’t watch the news?

What Good Does The News Do You?

Consider this quote by Jerry Gillies from ‘The MoneyLove Manifesto’:

‘If it doesn’t bring me profit, pleasure, or knowledge, it isn’t worth doing.’

Does reading the news serve you? Try going a week without picking up a newspaper. See how ‘lost’ you’ll be. I’ve heard the ‘head in the sand’ argument. I’d rather have my head in the sand than inhaling toxic fumes. The news thrives on negativity. Fear sells. Stories must be tailored to hit the target audience. This is why positive articles are buried on the last page. The general public thrives on negativity. It gives them something to worry about. The news is mental junkfood. Cut it out of your diet. Any other former news junkies out there who’ve made the decision to go cold turkey?

and I also found this link http://inspired-spirit.blogspot.com/2010/01/you-will-recognize-your-own-path-when.html

The above is a site called Inspirational Quotes Explained, and featured the following:

You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need” Jerry Gillies

I am sure you are aware of how your energy levels change, depending on what you are doing. Are you doing something you enjoy, your level of energy will be high and you will get a lot done. Are you doing something that you do not enjoy so much, both your energy level and productivity will be down. So, as you go about figuring out what your path is in this life, pay attention to what you REALLY enjoy doing.
I can guarantee you that your path is NOT to be doing something that you do not enjoy.
I am not sure where the imagination fits into this, but I will take a stab at it: When you are doing something that you enjoy, you are likely to come up with lots of ideas on how to improve what you are doing or how to reach your goal.

No comments: