Wednesday, January 26, 2011

WELCOME TO SILLY WEDNESDAY

In my latest post on my other blog, I talk about what I see as the value of committing ourselves to come up with new ideas we've never thought or expressed before.
http://moneyloveblog.com/moneylove-redux
So I decided to follow my own advice and create a brand new weekly holiday:
Silly Wednesday. This day of the week can now be where we focus on sending friends and loved ones all the silly jokes, videos, photos that people are constantly emailing us--the cream of the crop we would like to share.

And to commemorate the inauguration of Silly Wednesday, I decided to do something I have never done before. I've written comedy for stand-up, and many, many cartoon gags for cartoonists, but I've never written an old-fashioned joke.

While this is not the funniest joke in the world, it is exquisitely mine--but you don't have to give me credit if you choose to share it. And certainly silly enough to qualify as the kickoff event in my ongoing commitment to Silly Wednesday.

Three attractive women in their fifties were sitting side by side under hair dryers at the beauty salon. Mary spoke first and said, "My husband is a stingy so-and-so. He never takes me out, he never buys me gifts, he rarely says anything nice to me, and in the bedroom, a real tightwad."

Next, Jessica said, "Oh, that's nothing. My husband has all of those shortcomings, but he also constantly tells me I'm fat, how much he hates my cooking, and that I'm turning into my mother."

Finally, Sarah joins the conversation by sharing, "Well, I can certainly sympathize with both of you, but I have found the perfect husband. He thinks I'm beautiful and never stops telling me so. He loves making love to me all night. He buys me expensive gifts that he spends lots of time picking out. And every moment I spend with him is a total joy."

And then Sarah bursts into hysterical weeping. Her friends don't know what to make of this, and Mary says, "What is it, is he sick?" Through her tears, Sarah says, "No, he's in perfect health." Jessica says, "Why are you crying then? He does sound like the most wonderful husband in all the world."
And Sarah answers, "He is, he absolutely is--the most wonderful, loving, generous husband in all the world. And he belongs to my best friend!"

So what new idea or thought or even joke can you come up with to celebrate this or any Silly Wednesday?
Jerry

1 comment:

Richard34 said...

I like the idea of a "Silly Wednesday."

Your joke is certainly a great start. You can be certain that I will use that joke, with your permission of course.