Saturday, February 7, 2009

YOU CAN'T AFFORD NOT TO READ THIS!

I'll admit it, as long as I've been doing this, I still get frustrated at some of the small stuff. And that's what I consider someone telling me "I can't afford it." Small stuff. Small thinking, small imagination, small hopes, smaller results and smaller future.

Have I gotten your attention? Good--I'll try to keep it. When I wrote MONEYLOVE, I titled the first chapter, DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE RICH? I did that for a reason, one that still holds up and is still very relevant. Many people say they want financial independence, but are not willing to walk the talk, to set the goals and make the realistic decisions it's going to take. I know what I'm talking about because I've been studying this for over thirty years, and I've been guilty of this poverty consciousness myself. In fact, just recently someone asked me if I could fly out and visit them at the other end of the country. I said, "I can't afford that yet." Which is still better than "I can't afford it." At least I was willing to declare my inability to afford it was temporary, was going to change.

I say in that first chapter that "I can't afford it," is often a lie, almost always an untruth. It's a bad habit many of us get into to avoid saying what we really think. What I really was telling my friend (and sorry, friend) was I had too many things on my plate right now, things I was excited about doing, and did not think spending time with her, as pleasant as it would be, would help me with my current goals, would be worth the struggle it would take to come up with the money. The truth is, if I really wanted to make that trip, I'd find a way.

I quote Dr. Wayne Dyer in that chapter of MONEYLOVE
from a comment he made to me when I used "I can't afford it," as an excuse for something he suggested I do to promote an earlier book. Wayne said, "You've really got to stop thinking about what you can't afford to do, because you can really afford to do anything that you decide you want to do." I've decided that bears repeating with stronger emphasis:

YOU'VE REALLY GOT TO STOP THINKING ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO DO, BECAUSE YOU CAN REALLY AFFORD TO DO ANYTHING THAT YOU DECIDE YOU WANT TO DO.

And my life would have been a lot bigger and better if I had said that one
sentence to myself over and over again as an affirmation through all these years.
We each know our own truth. I know that I always have managed to come up with the money for those things I really wanted. And you know what? You probably have too.

I sometimes notice an anomaly when I discuss my healthy dark chocolate business with someone, be they friend or stranger. They often will say they can't afford $110 a month for chocolate they've just told me they love the taste of and are impressed about the truly astonishing health benefits of (that's probably bad English, but I still like it). And I've just told them there is a tremendous opportunity to earn extra income in one of the only growth industries still thriving in this economy. To own their own business for almost unimaginably low overhead. Hey, as little as $270 to get going, and $125 a month with shipping, and they have a free website, all the training you could ask for, the support and personal attention of some of the top earners in the business, plus all the inventory they need in the form of the chocolate they are buying with that overhead. They also get to personally work with the author of the book many call
the best one ever written about prosperity consciousness. (Goodness, I think I
hear the "Toot Toot" of my own horn here.)
And with the new product being launched this month, a probiotic delivering over a
billion healthy bacteria in three squares of daily chocolate, plus all the antioxidants,
adding another dimension to the health benefits of this venture, it does seem like a no-brainer to me. How can someone still use "I can't afford it," as an excuse, when
here is an opportunity to never have to say that again. I wonder if some of the people I've talked to in this business, earning $20,000 a month and more after a year or less still have "I can't afford it," as part of their vocabulary.

Just tell me the truth, folks. Tell me you don't have the time or inclination to eat and share healthy dark chocolate. Tell me you don't believe the health results people are reporting and doctors are validating, they just seem too fantastic. Tell me you don't believe I really want to personally work with a small group of people who are willing to prosper in this business while having lots of fun. Tell me you don't believe I am serious about writing a book on the health benefits of dark chocolate and including the stories of some of my team members, even putting some of their contact information at the back of the book to let readers get directly in touch with them. Tell me you don't feel comfortable being in a business partnership with an ex-convict.

Tell me "no" in any manner or form you like, but please don't tell me you can't afford it!

And I'm just using my Xocai chocolate business as an example, it goes far beyond that,
with people using the current economic crisis to almost gleefully announce what they can't afford now. Look, some of you ought to be ashamed. Really--I know that's strong language and I don't apologize for it. There are people out there who are actually on the verge of losing their homes, who have to leave their families and move to another state in order to find employment, or who are swallowing their pride and
applying for food stamps or cash aid. And those of you who own a home, or have a fair-sized chunk of money in your retirement account, or have a nice car, and good credit, or steady income, ARE STILL SAYING "I CAN'T AFFORD IT."

It reminds me of a friend of mine, or maybe he's now a former friend. He got rich by
writing a bestseller. And while I was in prison, for several years, he was very generous.
He paid for my books and magazine subscriptions, even a TV and typewriter. And then one day, he wrote me that book sales were down and his recent divorce was costing him a fortune, so he had to cut out the $500 or so he was planning to spend on my stuff in the next year. In other words, he was telling me, "I can't afford it." I don't think he had to sign up for food stamps, or sell one of his cars or homes. And I'm sure his income actually did go down. But I am also absolutely sure he could afford to keep doing what he had been doing for me--more than the friend who quickly stepped in to fill the gap.

It's like the difference between being broke and being poor. Broke is a temporary situation, poor is a more permanent condition. "I can't afford it," is a poverty conscious statement that really doesn't have anything to do with your current assets. It's more a description of your state of mind, or your belief in yourself.

Because I am putting most of my current attention on writing this new book, with a working title of CHOCOLATELOVE, and seeking out leaders to build a strong healthy
dark chocolate business with me, and choosing to do both of these because I am loving the process in both situations--along with the way they interconnect, and because I
recently paroled from Folsom State Prison with $200 gate money, no assets, and no
credit because I have no credit history for 12 years. Because of all this, I honestly can say there are things I can't afford right now. But I'm hereby promising not to let those words pass my lips. Are you willing to make the same promise?

Jerry


e Give yourself a present right now. Go to the website, www.alphasonics.com and click on the tab Chocolate For Health and watch that short video. And then go to
www.darkchocolatebenefits.net, and check out those videos. These are not my sites, they belong to Susannah and Hope, two of my upline partners. If your curiosity is not stirred, don't bother getting in touch with me to discuss it further.
But if you can see just a glimmer of the amazing possibility here to change your life forever, e-mail me at jerrygillies@gmail.com, or phone me directly at (650) 989-4501. It may just be that we belong together.



No comments: