Sunday, November 22, 2009

FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES


Every Thanksgiving season I compose a list of the
Ten People I Am Most Grateful To Have Had In My Life In The Past Year.
This year's list was especially easy thanks to the Internet and the new people it has brought into my life, and the old friends who have shown up to reconnect.

Just to mention: There's England's Barry Dunlop, who showed up after Googling me and making contact on Facebook to tell me that Moneylove changed his life, and had a lot to do with his outstanding success in his various Internet businesses. We have been collaborating on several projects.

Tony Busse, who divides his time between Panama and New York, also says he's been greatly influenced by my book and tapes and we have a growing friendship as he continues to demonstrate how well he has adopted my basic prosperity concepts.

Two of my best compliments of the year came from Gerry Robert, Bob Proctor's partner and author of The Millionaire Mindset, one of which was his inscription in the copy of his book he sent:
"Moneylove changed my life! You will change millions more!"

Kevin Delaney, who splits his personality between being the Voiceover Ninja and
the Wealthy Bohemian, has proven himself one of my best and most successful students.

It has been fun becoming friends with Sandra Mann, the beautiful daughter of my old friend from Miami days, Gregg Sanderson--I think she was eight the last time I saw her, and now she has a son approaching that age.

And I am learning a lot from Barry Dunlop's son, Michael, perhaps the most savvy of all the Internet entrepreneurs I have encountered at the mere age of twenty.

The others have pretty much been my friends for a generation, stalwart, loving and supportive even through the prison years. These are Rupa Cousins, Susannah Lippman, Dr. Mary Ann Somervill, and Bonnie Weiss...and I could easily have an expanded list this year with the addition of other good friends Tom Weidlein,Will Porter, Judi Carr, Linda Clair, and my beautiful kahuna friend in Hawaii, Kaleiiliahi. And Rev. Sonya Milton, Dr. Rachel Harris, and I'm sure I could come up with a few more. Whew, I am truly blessed in the friend department!

I indeed have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, and it is appropriate that I am considering revising my early book FRIENDS after I do the updated and annotated edition of Moneylove. Perhaps I will focus it on making real friends instead of superficial ones on the social media sites.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Jerry








No comments: